The NTPA Pre-commitment Program, established in 1989, this program will take up to 10 competitor vehicles for full benefits, which includes free entry and extra payment incentive for making all of the events or making as many as possible with an excused absence(s). That payment is made at the end of the year, to those competitors who fulfill their commitment. This year’s pre-commitment program features a fierce group of competitors vying for an NTPA title in their respective divisions.
Remember that if your favorite driver is not listed, it does not mean that he or she won’t be at an event near you! The list also is not our roster of NTPA pullers, but only those who have enrolled in the precommitment program. We will continue to fill spots available up until the first hook of each division. Once that occurs, the program is closed. Be sure to stay abreast of all of the news as it happens on ntpapull.com or facebook.com/ntpapulling.
[This is the first of a series of articles introducting the 2015 Pre-Commitment Program Competetitors]
2015 NTPA Grand National Pro Stock
The schedule (20 hooks, as of 3/20/15): Hutchinson, MN x 2; Tomah, WI x 2; Troy, MO; Jerseyville, IL; Brandenburg, KY x 2; Mt. Sterling, IL; Salem, IL; Sandusky, OH; Napoleon, OH; Bowling Green, OH x 2; Hudsonville, MI x 2; Wellington, OH; Canton, OH; Sandwich, IL x 2.
The competitors (10 vehicles, as of 3/20/15):
Kevin and Danny Schmucker (Louisville, OH)
- Rampage: 2014 Grand National Champion (577 points)...3 GN wins (Brandenburg, KY S2; Mt. Sterling, IL; Wellington, OH)...average GN finish: 3.8 (21 appearances)...2012, 2011 GN PS champion.
- Git-Er-Dun Deere: Finished 4th in 2014 GN points (-21)...2 GN wins (Hutchinson, MN S2; Canton, OH)...average GN finish: 6.0 (21 appearances)...2010, 2008 GN PS champion.
Robby Lemke (Helenville, WI)
- New Generation Plus: Finished 2nd in 2014 GN points (-1)...5 GN wins (Tomah, WI S2; Brandenburg, KY S1; Salem, IL; Hudsonville, MI S2; Sandwich, IL S2)...average GN finish: 4.8 (21 appearances)...2007 GN PS champion.
Randy and Rick Campbell (Homeworth, OH) and Carlton Cope (Salem, OH)
- Warpath: Finished 3rd in 2014 GN points (-14.5)...4 GN wins (Hutchinson, MN S1; Tomah, WI S5; Troy, MO; Napoleon, OH)...average GN finish: 6.0 (21 appearances)...2013 GN PS champion.
- Soup Line Express: Finished 7th in 2014 GN points (-61)...best GN finish: 2nd...average GN finish: 9.6 (21 appearances).
Tim and Chris Cain (New Palestine, IN)
- Red Gambler: Finished 5th in 2014 GN points (-37)...1 GN win (Monroe, MI)...average GN finish: 7.0 (21 appearances)...2009 GN PS champion.
- Aces Wild: Finished 6th in 2014 GN points (-48)...1 GN win (Sandusky, OH)...average GN finish: 8.1 (20 appearances).
Joel Kingen (McCordsville, IN)
- Full Metal Jacket: Finished 8th in 2014 GN points (-121)...1 GN win (Jerseyville, IL)...average GN finish: 10.2 (19 appearances).
Lance Little (Tuscola, IL)
- True Grit: Finished 9th in 2014 GN points (-251.5)...1 GN win (Hutchinson, MN S1)...average GN finish: 7.0 (12 appearances).
Mike and Julia Conny (Beloit, OH)
- Mr. MAC Daddy: Best 2014 GN finish: 6th...average GN finish: 8.7 (3 appearances).