Worthington, Ohio---It's Championship Weekend for three more Grand National divisions: Four Wheel Drives, Two Wheel Drives, and Unlimiteds. Let's take another look at the races for titles and Enderle Pull-Off invitations.
Light Super Stock (5 invitees) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- In: Excessive Force, Bad Blood, Considered Armed & Dangerous, Gunpowder & Lead, Extremely Insane.
Congratulations are in order for Brian Korth and Mike Chizek, who have won their sixth Grand National championship in seven seasons between "Excessive Force" and "Considered A&D." But a tip of the cap goes to Kyle Karlen, who in a sense broke up that dominance by finishing a strong second (-7) in the division with five top fives in eight appearances, Marcus Wettleson, the 2013 champ, placed himself a point ahead of Larry Phillips, who himself is breathing a sigh of relief after claiming a fifth-place tiebreaker over Jason Hootman's "Commander" on second places, 1-0.
Super Stock Diesel (through Hudsonville, MI S2, 5 invitees, 2 hooks to go) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- Currently in: Triple Bypass, The Legacy, Bone Twister, Young Blood, Lock-N-Load.
- Currently out: Red Horse (-71 from fifth place), Smokin' Hot Deere.
Only Kent Payne's regional "Rooster" kept the Rosses from an eighth straight point win aboard the "Bypass," but their lead stands at 21 with only two quick hooks in DeKalb County remaining on Saturday, September 10..
Super Stock Open (5 invitees) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- In: GALOT II, International Threat, Extremely Armed & Dangerous, Silver Bullet, Get a Load of That.
It was an all-orange week in Ohio for the Open Supers, as "GALOT" won once and "GALOT II" twice. The latter, piloted by John Strickland, won Earl Wells' team its first Grand National championship.
Super Farm (5 invitees) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- In: Dream On, One Bad Apple, Don't Ask, My Last Excuse, The Commandeere..
Congratulations are in order for division champion Rod Deck as well as Brad Hart and Dave Whelan, who won their way into the Enderle in Greenville and Wellington. It marked the second victories of the year for both, and they were the only two Super Farms with two wins in this competitive division.
Pro Stock (through Wellington, OH; 5 invitees, 3 hooks to go) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- Currently in: Mr. MAC Daddy, MAC Nasty, New Generation Plus, CP Dream II, Rapped Up.
- Currently out: Rampage (-3 from fifth place), Warpath, Git-Er-Dun Deere, Soup Line Express, The Red Gambler, six others -113 or more.
Victories on Saturday and Tuesday nights for "MAC Nasty" solidified its second place to its, um, Trailer-mate "Mr. MAC Daddy." The spread between them is down to two; their bulge over the balance of the division is up to 15. But a 370' run by Robby Lemke at Wellington might foreshadow a tightening race (remember that Sandwich sweep in 2015?) . It seems that three are left to jockey for that coveted fifth-place Enderle transfer spot: Mark Lawyer holds it at the moment (+3), but Danny Schmucker and Carlton Cope are still within earshot.
Two Wheel Drive (through Wellington, OH; 5 invitees, 1 hook to go) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- Currently in: Buckeye Hauler, Pretty Wicked, Kathy's Komplaint, Suffering Sanity, P5.
- Currently out: Wicked (-1 from fifth place), Runnin' Block, On the Edge, Burn Notice, Just Like Clockwork, Lumberjack, Bad Attitude, Lawless, Second Degree, The Untouchable, Blade Gone Sweet, Hoosier Avalanche, Nuthin' EZ 'Bout It, 13 others -71 or more.
Jessie Petro's lead has swelled to nine over dad Randy. Theoretically, it could evaporate in Canfield, but in practicality, the "Buckeye Hauler" just flat loves its namesake state's tracks. McDonald's "Sanity" and the Petros' "P5" switched places after the proceedings in Lorain County, with the full-bodied Ford now occupying the hot seat. Doug Theobald's "Wicked" will likely hold the tiebreaker between them for the last transfer spot if it's needed, so it may very well come down to a winner-take-all Saturday night.
Four Wheel Drive (through Hudsonville, MI S2; 5 invitees, 3 hooks to go) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- Currently in: 4 Play, The Punisher, Bad Bowtie, Profab Geared Up, Young Gun.
- Currently out: The Bone (-6 from fifth place), Foster Child, Profab, Simply Red, The Rock, Profab, Bandit, two others -165 or more.
It'll come down to the Tri-State Showdown for this division's title, and the hometown Holmans have a two touchdown lead under the Friday night lights. Tim Skelton cut his fifth-place deficit in half last Wednesday in Hudsonville; can he make up the rest in Fulton County?
Super Semi (through Bowling Green; 5 invitees, 1 hook to go) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- Currently in: Mother Trucker, Just Passin' Thru in Class, Stacks, Dodge Fever, Jacked Up.
No suspense for the Enderle here, as this is the entire roster of GN point-collecting trucks. But the Eilens (-1) have been gaining on Dean since Morley with three straight 30-point outings. Do they have the turn signal on, ready to pass him in Sandwich?
Modified Mini (through Greenville, OH S2; 5 invitees, 3 hooks to go) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- Currently in: Walk the Line, Footloose, Funny Lil' Farmall, Wild Cat, Iron Toy.
- Currently out: LG Seeds (-4 from fifth place), Beast of Burden, Cowboy Up, Brandt Professional Ag, five others -86 or more.
Adam Koester reported at Greenville that their team had met a goal by placing their three tractors 1-2-3. But "Walk the Line" was still on top, meaning it gained another point on dad Larry's "Footloose." Dating to Chapel Hill, "WTL" has earned 248 of a possible 255 points.
Light Unlimited (5 invitees) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- In: Simon Sez, Super Bee, Milk Money, Feissty Farmer, S'no Farmer.
Seven wins in nine hooks built a 15-point winning margin for two-time champ Brandon Simon. The final margin for that last Enderle berth? A single point separated Todd Feiss from the Ferrys' "Rotten, Mean and Nasty."
Modified (through Bowling Green, OH; 5 invitees, 2 hooks to go) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- Currently in: Money Maker, Bank Robber, Wild Won, Wild Child, Pack Rat 4.
- Currently out: Feissty Farmer (-16 from fifth place), S'no Farmer, six others -45 or more.
Bret gets the BG sweep and an eight-point lead, Doug gets the ring. Two hooks Sandwiched together on Saturday, September 10 will decide this hard-fought berth.
Unlimited (through Wellington, OH; 5 invitees, 1 hook to go) (Complete GN Enderle standings may be found here.)
- Currently in: Screamin' D, American Thunder, Money Maker, Cross Threaded, Non-Cents All Screwed Up.
- Currently out: Blown Centless (loses tie on wins, 1-0), Giddy Up, Wild Child, Wild Won, nine others -48 or more.
So, what's the better story going into Canfield---Chuck Knapp's march from double digits out of the lead to 3.5 points up? Or a three-way tie from fourth through sixth?
To learn more about the NTPA Championship Pulling Series (including pull location maps and local weather), check out www.NTPAPULL.com.
The NTPA is the sport’s oldest and most respected truck and tractor pulling sanctioning organization. Governed by a board of directors, the NTPA is managed by World Pulling International (WPI), an independently owned entity. Headquartered in Worthington, Ohio, the NTPA provides rules and regulations and the infrastructures required for organizations throughout the country to arrange truck and tractor pulls. The 2016 NTPA Championship Pulling Circuit is sponsored in part by Case IH, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Power Service Products, Alliance Tire, Enderle Fuel Injection, MAC Trailer, Cow Tales, Ag Protect 1, Shell Rotella, STOP-FYRE®, Cen-Pe-Co Lubricants, Columbus Diesel Supply, Heritage Iron, Hypermax Engineering, Midwest Wheel Inc., the National Tractor Pulling Championships in Bowling Green, Ohio, PowerBore Cylinder Sleeves, Profab Machine Inc., and Riverside Engine Inc.
Watch NTPA Championship Pulling presented by Case IH airing three times weekly on RFD-TV: Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. EST, same time and channel for 12 years running. Additional airings are Mondays at 12:30 a.m (Sunday 9:30 p.m. PST) and 6 a.m. EST. RFD-TV is available through DirecTV (345), Dish Network (231), AT&T (568) along with Time Warner, Comcast, Charter, Suddenlink, Cox and other cable providers. Check your current provider for details or log on to www.rfdtv.com.
Subscribe to the Official Magazine of the NTPA! The Puller brings you the best in NTPA news, stories and related pulling information. Tractor Supply Company (TSC) carries The Puller and the annual PULL! Official Program and Souvenir Yearbook in each of its 650+ locations.
For more information about the NTPA, visit and follow us on social media at our Facebook page (ntpapulling), Twitter (@NTPApull), Youtube (NTPApull) and Instagram (ntpa) or call the NTPA office at 614.436.1761.