Precommitment at a Glance:
For 2019, 10 precommitment positions were made available in each of the NTPA's 13 Grand National divisions. After the initial offering to 2018's top-10 GN point finishers, remaining 2018 GN point-earners were offered positions in descending order of finish.
Precommitted competitors who fulfill the program's terms receive free entry to their class(es) of precommitment at Super National and Grand National events and shares of the end-of-season Precommitment Fund. Any GN-licensed competitor can earn points at GN events, however, so precommitment is not a prerequisite to contend for a GN championship. So fans, remember just because your favorite driver is not on this list, they still may be at an event.
To see other divisions previously released check out the 2019 Precommitment section here.
2019 Grand National Super Stock Diesel
The schedule (17 hooks as of 4/1/2019): Tomah, WI x 2; Hutchinson, MN x 2; Rockwell, IA x 2; Chapel Hill, TN x 2; Fort Recovery, OH x 2; Langford, NY x 2; Napoleon, OH; Bowling Green, OH x 2; Sandwich, ILx 2
The competitors (10 vehicles as of 4/1/2019):
Jody and Colin Ross (Waynesburg, PA)
- Triple Bypass: Finished 2nd in 2018 GN points (-14)...6 GN wins (Chapel Hill S2, Brandenburg S2, Langford x 2, Napoleon, Sandwich S2)...13 T5s, 19 T10s...average GN finish: 3.6 (19 appearances)...2017, 2016 GN champion.
Travis Schlabach (Marengo, IA)
- Bone Twister: Finished 3rd in 2018 GN points (-26)...4 GN wins (Benson S2, Hutchinson S2, Rockwell S1, Brandenburg S1)...16 T5s, 16 T10s...average GN finish: 3.6 (18 appearances)...won 2019 Cloverdale S2.
Kent Payne (Veedersburg, IN)
- Super Rooster: Finished 4th in 2018 GN points (-38)...GN win at Bowling Green S2 (won ring)...14 T5s, 18 T10s...average GN finish: 4.2 (18 appearances)...won Cloverdale S3.
Steve Burge (Lynn, IN)
- Lock-N-Load: Finished 5th in 2018 GN points (-47)...GN win at Sandwich S3...12 T5s, 18 T10s...average GN finish: 4.9 (18 appearances)...2015, 2014 GN champion.
Jim Rand (Rohrersville, MD) and Darren and Drew Olden (Keedysville, MD)
- Kryptonite: Finished 6th in 2018 GN points (-164)...best GN finish: 4th (Brandenburg S1)...3 T5s, 13 T10s...average GN finish: 8.3 (15 appearances).
- White Fawn: Finished 7th in 2018 GN poitns (-193)...best GN finish: 6th (Chapel Hill S2, Brandenburg S1)...0 T5s, 12 T10s...average GN finish: 9.5 (15 appearances).
Esdon Lehn (Dayton, MN) and the Degenhardts (Norwalk, WI)
- Red Line Fever: Finished 8th in 2018 GN points (-321)...best GN finish: 2nd (Tomah S5, Rockwell S1)...7 T5s, 8 T10s...average GN finish: 3.6 (8 appearances)...2012, 2006, 2003, 2001, 2000, 1999 GN SSD champion...1996 GN SS champion...1989 GN GN 9,500-lb. SS champion...1988 GN 11,200 SS champion...1985, 1984, 1983 GN 7,500-lb. SS champion.
- Diggin' Fever: Finished 9th in 2018 GN points (-335)...best GN finish: 4th (Benson S2, Hutchinson S1)...3 T5s, 8 T10s...average GN finish: 6.1 (8 appearances).
John Raymond (Caledonia, NY)
- Smoke-n-Mirrors: Finished 10th in 2018 GN points (-382)...best GN finish: 4th (Benson S1)...1 T5s, 4 T10s...average GN finish: 6.8 (4 appearances).
Mike Beck (Napoleon, OH)
- High Tech Red Neck: Finished 12th in 2018 GN points (-399)...best GN finish: 4th (Langford S1)...average GN finish: 6.5 (6 appearances).
About National Tractor Pullers Association
The NTPA is the sport’s oldest and most respected truck and tractor pulling sanctioning organization. Governed by a board of directors, the NTPA is managed by World Pulling International (WPI), an independently owned entity. Headquartered in Worthington, Ohio, the NTPA provides rules and regulations and the infrastructures required for organizations throughout the country to arrange truck and tractor pulls.
The 2020 NTPA Championship Pulling Circuit is sponsored in part by Case IH, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Angry Farmer Products, Hot Shot's Secret, the Enderle Memorial Pull-Off, MAC Trailer, Ag Protect 1, Shell Rotella, STOP-FYRE®, Cen-Pe-Co Lubricants, Columbus Diesel Supply, Heritage Iron Magazine, Stainless Diesel, Midwest Wheel Inc., the National Tractor Pulling Championships in Bowling Green, Ohio, PowerBore Cylinder Sleeves, Profab Machine Inc., the Budweiser Dairyland Super Nationals in Tomah, Wisconsin, and Riverside Engine Inc.
Watch the 15th season of "NTPA Championship Pulling" presented by Case IH: Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. Eastern/5:30 p.m. Central. Encore performances appear on Mondays at 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. Eastern. RFD-TV is available on satellite through DirecTV (345), Dish Network (231), and AT&T (568) along with Spectrum/Time Warner, Brighthouse, Comcast, Charter, Suddenlink, Cox, and other cable providers. Check your current provider for details or visit the channel finder at www.rfdtv.com.
NTPA Live Streaming produced internet broadcasts of several national events in 2020. Visit NTPA.tv to purchase on-demand access to individual events. Or go all-in on the $299 Yearly Pass and get live and on-demand access to all streamed summertime NTPA events plus current and past episodes of "NTPA Championship Pulling" included! Purchase each stream or the package in your browser at NTPA.tv and watch there or via the NTPA.tv app on popular smart tv platforms including Roku, Amazon Fire, AppleTV, and AndroidTV and on both Apple iOS and Android mobile devices.
Subscribe to the Official Magazine of the NTPA! The Puller brings you the best in NTPA news, stories, and related pulling information. The PULL! Official Program and Souvenir Yearbook is carried in Tractor Supply Company (TSC) outlets.
Wear it loud! The NTPA's Webmall has pulling apparel in fresh, new designs for fans of all ages and sizes. Hats, event shirts, hoodies, pins, and patches all sport the iconic NTPA shield that represents excellence in premier-level pulling. Event, TV series, and special DVDs let you watch pulling action on your schedule. See it all at ShopNTPA.com.
For more information about the NTPA, visit our website, www.NTPAPULL.com, follow us on social media at our Facebook page (ntpapulling), Twitter (@NTPApull), YouTube (NTPApull), and Instagram (ntpa), or call the NTPA office at 614.436.1761.