As we continue our recognition of 2018 Regional Champions, we take a look at Region 3, which contained events in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Sandwich, Illinois. You can catch the live-stream of the banquet on ntpapull.com Saturday night December 1, thanks to Kentucky Trailer. Also be sure to see the full recaps of all the Regional and Grand National Champions in the January/February issue of The Puller Magazine.
Heavy Super Stock
- Ken Witt’s “Mr. Yuk” is the Heavy Super heavyweight after posting a second and two thirds to outscore Brandon Besser’s “From Ashes” Light Pro. Witt earned points in both Regions III and V and in both Light and Heavy Super Stock, competing in both at his hometown Throwdown in Houston.
- Mitch Fehn’s win at Owatonna reversed the midseason momentum that Trevan Rohde had been building with “Somethin’ Fierce.” Having finished in the top four in each of its six appearances, Fehn’s “Red Storm Reloaded” went on to its first Super Farm title and victory at the Enderle.
Light Pro Stock
- Birkholz bookended the Light Pros’ four-hook campaign with wins in Ellsworth and Ridgeland. In between came a third at Tomah and a second at Houston. With three top fives of its own, Duane Bauer’s “Beaver Hunter Reloaded” came home second.
Limited Pro Stock:
- “Instigator” started hot in Ellsworth before cooling at the next Wisconsin stop in Tomah. A month later, victories on successive nights in Anoka and Menomonie got Bill Figanbaum back in front for his first Region III title. Kevin Lindstrom’s “Hyper Harvester” won in Ridgeland to end up one point back.
Two Wheel Drive:
- Dustin Amundson’s second straight two-win season was enough to match his closest challengers, Wayne Timmerman’s “Showtime” and Dale Stampfli’s “Twisted Tight.” But it was his five runner-up finishes that created a nine-point separation in Two Wheel Drives.
Four Wheel Drive:
- And in Four Wheel Drives, Cory Lemirande’s crime spree started in Ellsworth, and he stayed a step or two ahead of the Total Team’s posse the rest of the way. “Breakin’ Da Law” won for a second time in Anoka to secure Lemirande’s first title by four over Lawrence Line’s “Totally Hooked.”
About National Tractor Pullers Association
The NTPA is the sport’s oldest and most respected truck and tractor pulling sanctioning organization. Governed by a board of directors, the NTPA is managed by World Pulling International (WPI), an independently owned entity. Headquartered in Worthington, Ohio, the NTPA provides rules and regulations and the infrastructures required for organizations throughout the country to arrange truck and tractor pulls.
The 2020 NTPA Championship Pulling Circuit is sponsored in part by Case IH, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Angry Farmer Products, Hot Shot's Secret, the Enderle Memorial Pull-Off, MAC Trailer, Ag Protect 1, Shell Rotella, STOP-FYRE®, Cen-Pe-Co Lubricants, Columbus Diesel Supply, Heritage Iron Magazine, Stainless Diesel, Midwest Wheel Inc., the National Tractor Pulling Championships in Bowling Green, Ohio, PowerBore Cylinder Sleeves, Profab Machine Inc., the Budweiser Dairyland Super Nationals in Tomah, Wisconsin, and Riverside Engine Inc.
Watch the 15th season of "NTPA Championship Pulling" presented by Case IH: Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m. Eastern/5:30 p.m. Central. Encore performances appear on Mondays at 12:30 a.m. and 6 a.m. Eastern. RFD-TV is available on satellite through DirecTV (345), Dish Network (231), and AT&T (568) along with Spectrum/Time Warner, Brighthouse, Comcast, Charter, Suddenlink, Cox, and other cable providers. Check your current provider for details or visit the channel finder at www.rfdtv.com.
NTPA Live Streaming produced internet broadcasts of several national events in 2020. Visit NTPA.tv to purchase on-demand access to individual events. Or go all-in on the $299 Yearly Pass and get live and on-demand access to all streamed summertime NTPA events plus current and past episodes of "NTPA Championship Pulling" included! Purchase each stream or the package in your browser at NTPA.tv and watch there or via the NTPA.tv app on popular smart tv platforms including Roku, Amazon Fire, AppleTV, and AndroidTV and on both Apple iOS and Android mobile devices.
Subscribe to the Official Magazine of the NTPA! The Puller brings you the best in NTPA news, stories, and related pulling information. The PULL! Official Program and Souvenir Yearbook is carried in Tractor Supply Company (TSC) outlets.
Wear it loud! The NTPA's Webmall has pulling apparel in fresh, new designs for fans of all ages and sizes. Hats, event shirts, hoodies, pins, and patches all sport the iconic NTPA shield that represents excellence in premier-level pulling. Event, TV series, and special DVDs let you watch pulling action on your schedule. See it all at ShopNTPA.com.
For more information about the NTPA, visit our website, www.NTPAPULL.com, follow us on social media at our Facebook page (ntpapulling), Twitter (@NTPApull), YouTube (NTPApull), and Instagram (ntpa), or call the NTPA office at 614.436.1761.